Spain's new Golden Visa regulations are now much more flexible and allow property buyers to get work permits and residency for their family. The minimum property investment for a Golden Visa in Spain remains €500,000, but this can be spread over a portfolio of properties. Current owners of property in Spain can count the price of their existing property and top up their investment to reach the €500,000 limit. Spanish Golden Visa's are most attractive to non-EU citizens and have been popular amongst Chinese, Russian and Middle-Eastern investors. They are now also available to British citizens. The most important new changes are as follows.
- Golden Visa holders can now get a Spanish work permit
- The Visa now covers partners as well as legal spouses and children under 18
- Children over 18 years of age are now also covered by the Visa
- The application process can now begin in Spain rather than in a Spanish embassy in an applicant's home country
- Applications can start as soon as a deposit is paid.